[Nut-upsdev] Sweex 1000VA UPS (Lakeview Research)

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Wed Dec 17 19:04:57 UTC 2008

Citeren Tom Cassimon <tom at cassimon.mine.nu>:

> checking out and compiling revision 1645 doesn't work, it gives
> a compilation error:
>
> 	gcc -I../include -O -Wall -Wsign-compare -o upsd upsd.o user.o
> conf.o 	ssl.o sstate.o desc.o netget.o netmisc.o netlist.o netuser.o
> netset.o 	netinstcmd.o  ../common/libcommon.a
> ../common/.libs/libparseconf.a -	lwrap -lssl -lcrypto
> 	/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-	linux/4.2.3/../../../libwrap.a(hosts_access.o): In function
> 	`host_match':
> 	hosts_access.c:(.text+0x63f): undefined reference to
> 	`yp_get_default_domain'
> 	collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> 	make[1]: *** [upsd] Error 1
> 	make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/trunk/server'
> 	make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> Does somebody know what causes this error?

Yes. The version of libwrap on your system was compiled with a
different libc library. You need to upgrade your libwrap library.

> So i tried an earlier revision, r1607, and changed the line you suggested.
> And indeed it works. I've tried to connect and disconnect the UPS and it
> reports status OL and OB. Should it support also LB? Because i've not tried
> that yet.

Hold your horses, we're not done yet. There still is a massive amount
of work to do before this driver can be shipped with nut. I'm willing
to do some of this work, but I would really like that someone who has
access to such a device takes over.

Please keep list traffic on the list