[Nut-upsdev] RPM .spec files in NUT source tree

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 12:21:05 UTC 2008

Hi Oden,

2008/12/18 Oden Eriksson <oeriksson at mandriva.com>:
> Den Monday 15 December 2008 09:25:33 skrev Arnaud Quette:
>> 2008/12/14 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
>> > All,
>>
>> Hey there,
>>
>> as a side note, this point is linked to the "make package" target in NUT
>> 2.4.0
>>
>> > Arnaud and I were discussing the *.spec files we have in the NUT
>> > source tree, and with the 2.4.0 release of NUT just around the corner,
>> > I would like to make sure we are pointing people in the right
>> > direction for NUT RPMs.
>
> I don't care much about that, sorry. Too much other stuff to maintain (over
> 1200 src.rpm packages...).
>
>> @Oden: btw, what's your situation? I heard about rumors, that I hope
>> are not true.
>
> Yep. It's true. I'm open to some nice job offers (productization stuff).

uhm, sad :-(
If I hear anything interesting, I'll redirect to you (you may have
another mail @?)
btw, I've not included you in the other thread, but do you want to
stay in the team or do you want to retire?

> I've been lazy or rather due to workload with submitting patches. So here it
> comes:
>
> nut-openssl_linkage_fix.diff
> http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Underlinking

applied (I thought I've already done so though!)
that remembers me that we also have some overlinking to address
(reported through Debian):
http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Overlinking

> nut-2.2.2-format_not_a_string_literal_and_no_format_arguments.diff
> http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Development/Packaging/Problems#format_not_a_string_literal_and_no_format_arguments

Arjen has already started to do something there.
@Arjen: can you please counter check the
nut-2.2.2-format_not_a_string_literal_and_no_format_arguments.diff
patch?

thanks,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com