[Nut-upsdev] Fwd: Re: megatec_usb: Ippon BackComfoPro (06da:0003 Phoenixtec Power)

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Sat Dec 20 15:22:02 UTC 2008

Citeren Roman Mamedov <roman at rm.pp.ru>:

>> Another useful thing would be to run the bundled driver on a Windows
>> box while running 'usbsnoop' so that we can get an idea what it is
>> doing. Maybe we're missing something here.

I still would like to see that.

> Keep in mind that the patched megatec_usb driver (which I use since
> yesterday) can continiously read the status with no stability or
> timeout problems whatsoever, even though the data it receives is a bit
> corrupted.
>
> megatec_usb: (216.6 20010.0 1.0 22.0 50.1 13.8 25.0 00001001
> blazer_usb:  (206.0 206.4 206.4 023 50.1 13.8 25.0 00001001
>
> So perhaps it's a matter of finding, which of the differences
> between those two drivers could cause both the difference in
> returned data, and blazer's hang after the successful first read.

The megatec_usb driver bluntly reconnects after *every* failure it
gets. Maybe this is the only way to solve this in the end (and if it
is, so will the blazer_usb driver). But I'm not ready for that at the
moment. I prefer to dig a little deeper into this, since reconnecting
after every status read from the UPS is a complete waste of effort.

Please keep list traffic on the list