[Nut-upsdev] upsd segfault.

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Sun Dec 21 16:57:29 UTC 2008

Hi all,

Have a strange behaviour that I don't know how to debug.
This is when I use the Eaton PW5125 ups. I have it connected
And running in standby.

Starting up the drivers (pw3105 and pw5125) and they run.
Start up the upsd and can read info from both of them. The 3105 is
supplying the computer and the 5125 have a dummy load.

The 5125 is showing that it is off line. Now when I hit the on line button on
the ups, the upsd segfaults. The driver is still running.

And I only have to restart the upsd to get the data from the ups.

Running the driver in debug mode and pushing the switch give no change
then the outlet state is shifting from off to pending on to on. can not
see any garbage or extra data comming from the driver.

This is what i get when running upsd in debug.
----------------------------
Pinging UPS [pw3105]
mainloop: polling 3 filedescriptors
Got PONG from UPS [pw3105]
mainloop: polling 3 filedescriptors
mainloop: no data available
Pinging UPS [pw5125]
mainloop: polling 3 filedescriptors
Got PONG from UPS [pw5125]
mainloop: polling 3 filedescriptors
mainloop: no data available
mainloop: polling 3 filedescriptors
Pinging UPS [pw3105]
mainloop: polling 3 filedescriptors
Got PONG from UPS [pw3105]
mainloop: polling 3 filedescriptors
Segmenteringsfel   <--------------------------this mean segfault

From /var/log/messages
Dec 21 17:32:50 sm6fhx upsd[21366]: segfault at 0 ip 0000000000408b6d sp
00007fff50a23120 error 4 in upsd[400000+e000]

Any idea how to debug this. Arnaud I think you have a 5125, can you test this,
so it's not only my setup that have this.

Regards
/Kjell