[Nut-upsdev] [Nut-upsuser] genericups CP custom config not working

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 01:22:46 UTC 2008

[moving this thread to nut-upsdev]

On Feb 1, 2008 12:40 PM, D.Pageau <dpageau at infodev.ca> wrote:
> It look to me that overwriting UPSTYPE CP signal or polarity in ups.conf
> have no effect.
>
> Looking at drivers/main.c source show that &upstab[upstype].line_norm is
> set to custom CP in initinfo() only _AFTER_ the serial signals are
> actually set by upsdrv_initups().

Thanks for reporting this. Do you have a different cable type that we
should add to the list?

NUT Developers:

Do any of you see any reason why we shouldn't move the signal
overrides out of upsdrv_initinfo() and into upsdrv_initups()?

I think the original poster's problem would also manifest itself as an
inability to shut down, if any of the shutdown signals have been
overridden (since the shutdown function would be called before
upsdrv_initinfo() as well).

--
- Charles Lepple