[Nut-upsdev] oneac driver patch

Jacob Schmier j.schmier at live.com
Fri Jan 4 23:04:54 UTC 2008

I have attempted to contact the previous contributor to the driver (Eric
Lawson <elawson at inficad.com>) to see if he may have any legacy equipment and
would be able to assist by testing my patch to the oneac driver.

> > In my investigation, I found out that the ONEAC Serial
> Interface scans
> > (http://www.networkupstools.org/protocols/oneac.html) are a
> bit out of
> > date and only partially supported.  I stumbled upon the
> information I
> > used to make the modifications while analyzing the RS-232
> > communication between the Oneac UPS and MopUPS (trial software
> > downloaded from http://connectivity.chloridepower.com/).  I
> only made
> > the modifications necessary to get the driver to satisfy my
> immediate
> > needs.  A lot more data is available from the UPS and the
> driver can
> > be improved upon further if someone has the ambition and
> necessary equipment.
>
> Do you happen to have any spare UPSes that you can test with,
> or is everything going into production soon?

I currently have a Oneac ON Series (model ON700XAU) in my possession that I
can test with and I have verified that the changes I made to the oneac
driver function correctly.

> If nobody has any other objections, I don't see why we can't
> apply this patch to the trunk.

~Jacob