[Nut-upsdev] problems reviving and old ups-driver

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 14:22:41 UTC 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 12:42 PM, uwe <nut at df3du.mine.nu> wrote:
> I will need to know, how to submit the driver and what my commitment
> would be.

All you need to do to submit the driver is send us a patch. Ideally,
you would add the entries to data/driver.list, and add your name to
AUTHORS, but we can do that as well.

I don't recall you saying whether you were working from SVN or from
the 2.2.0 tarball, but the procedures are similar.

If you are working from SVN, I believe you can get a diff that
includes your file by running "svn add hp.c", then running "svn diff".

If you are using a tarball, extract the tarball again in another
directory, and rename it to nut-2.2.0.orig or something else. Then,
run "diff -Naur nut-2.2.0.orig nut-2.2.0 > hp-driver.patch", which
should also pick up the additional file. You may have to run "make
clean" before creating the patch.

(The current tarball is 2.2.1, but since you are resurrecting a new
driver, I doubt the changes will be difficult to deconflict.)

As for a commitment, it's best if you can check back every so often
and see if things still work. (We can't exactly force you to take an
UPS offline for testing.) We include the necessary framework in the
tarball (and SVN) to build RPMs, so you can test new versions of NUT
before it hits the Fedora package repository. If you would like to be
more actively involved with NUT development, we would welcome the
help. We are trying to bring the MAINTAINERS file up-to-date, so if
you would like to be listed as the point person for patches to your
driver, that's the place to add your contact information (as well as
AUTHORS, to give yourself credit for updating the driver).

regards,

--
- Charles Lepple