[Nut-upsdev] oneac driver patch

Jacob Schmier j.schmier at live.com
Tue Jan 8 22:38:55 UTC 2008

I actually stumbled across the NUT project when doing a web search for "ON
Series", but I agree that the actual model numbers would be more useful.

The model numbers you listed (ON700, ON1000, ON1500, ON2000) comprise the
Universal-Mount ON Series family (circa 2005).  Each model number actually
has two corresponding serial numbers (i.e. ON700 => ON700XAU & ON700XIU).
The serial numbers with an 'A' are 60Hz, and those with an 'I' are 50/60Hz
according to
http://www.oneac.com/download/files/917183C3%20Universal%20Mount%20UP.pdf.

The ON Series has model numbers ON400, ON600, ON900, ON1300, and ON2000
(circa 2001).  Each model number actually has two corresponding serial
numbers (i.e. ON400 => ON400A & ON400I).  The serial numbers with an 'A' are
120V 60Hz, and those with an 'I' are 230V 50/60Hz according to
http://www.oneac.com/download/files/917110c.pdf

I believe it is the older models that the oneac driver was originally
designed to work with, so they should probably be included in the
driver.list file as well.  I received an email from the original author of
the oneac driver (Eric Lawson) and he indicated he had a ON900 that he could
test my patch against.  He indicated this could take a week or so.

All of these UPS models use the Oneac "advanced interface" to communicate
with the oneac NUT driver.  Given that each model number can have several
serial numbers, it would probably make more sense to list only the model
number in the driver.list file and not the actual serial number.  I'm not
sure how this is usually handled.

I've attached a patch for the driver.list file with what I consider
necessary corrections (feel free to make changes if necessary).  I also
included a separate patch with the model numbers for the older ON Series UPS
family.

> Another thing - check out the AUTHORS file, and let us know
> how you would like to be credited in there.

I've attached a patch for this as well.