[Nut-upsdev] removing cpsups

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Fri Jul 4 07:39:28 UTC 2008

> I've just noticed that cpsups isn't listed anymore in driver.list.

Indeed.

> Any reason not have removed it from the source too?

No. Amnesia?

> Still on the way to 2.4; any update on your confidence level to remove
> nitram and cyberpower too?

The 'powerpanel' driver is supposed to replace both, but since I don't own
any UPS that uses them, I have no way to cross check this. Since we don't
get any stories from people that successfully upgraded their installation
from 'nitram' or 'cyberpower', that doesn't really help either. I fear
that the only way to get these reports, is by breaking existing systems
(by removing the older drivers).