[Nut-upsdev] Fwd: DeviceKit-power patches

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Thu Jun 26 14:11:47 UTC 2008

Hi Arjen,
Den Thursday 26 June 2008 15.41.19 skrev Arjen de Korte:
> >> I've just tested: it i fine with key=info.subsystem.
> >>
> >> But it is not (as you say) "the entry matching my unit", it is at the
> >> top level:
> >>
> >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <!-- -*- SGML -*- -->
> >> <deviceinfo version="0.2">
> >>   <device>
> >>     <match key="info.subsystem" string="usb_device">
> >
> > Yep that the only place you find 'info.bus'. Nice that it solved the
> > problem. It would be safe to fix this in the svn, as I think all that
> > is testing it is running a newer hal. Se if Arnaud do that. (Or I submit
> > it.)
>
> I think we'd better check for the HAL version through some autoconf magic,
> so that we don't break things if this assumption proves to be incorrect.
> We already have a 'nut_check_libhal.m4' file that detects the HAL version,
> changing it to also set this would be trivial. I'll see if I can find the
> time to do this (no promises though). Do you know the change date for
> this?

Yep that is a good idea.
Change time is 2008-03-01
Ref: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal-commit/2008-March/004204.html

Then they removed the info.bus.

Sorry but i can't get the hal version. But I notice that the info.bus and
info.subsystem seems to have been living in parallel for some time.

Regards
Kjell