[Nut-upsdev] nut: simplification of the automake stuff

Stanislav Brabec sbrabec at suse.cz
Fri May 2 16:33:08 UTC 2008

Hallo.

Here is a simplification of the automake stuff for nut 2.2.2.

The idea is simple:
libcommon.a contains stuff for the binaries
libparseconf.la contains stuff for binaries and shared library
Both are NOINST, automake understands perfectly our intentions.
The rest is only a removal of the implicitly defined stuff.

On top of the parallel build patch I got build success on all platforms
supported by SuSE: i386, x86_64, ia64, s390, s390x, ppc and ppc64.

Note that I did not yet verify correctness of build stuff.

It is possible, that ../common/libparseconf.la is superfluous in some
places (I added it to libcommon.a everywhere, as libcommon.a refers to
it, but maybe some binaries code do not need it.)

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                          e-mail: sbrabec at suse.cz
Lihovarská 1060/12           tel: +420 284 028 966, +49 911 740538747
190 00 Praha 9                                  fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic                                    http://www.suse.cz/