[Nut-upsdev] Maruson power net 1500 support?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue May 20 01:21:22 UTC 2008

On May 19, 2008, at 6:27 PM, David Mathog wrote:

> No idea why it thinks it is a Liebert.

It's only looking at the USB vendor ID, and the only Liebert USB UPS
that we heard about had that vendor ID. (Then again, these may be
completely different beasts - that UPS had product ID 0xffff, and
yours is 0x0003.)

Here's the entry from http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids :

06da  Phoenixtec Power Co., Ltd
	0002  UPS

Maybe the base driver should be named Phoenixtec instead.

> % /usr/local/ups/bin/usbhid-ups -a MarusonTop -x  productid=0003
> Network UPS Tools: 0.29 USB communication driver - core 0.33 (2.2.2)
>
> No matching HID UPS found

This could be a permissions problem. (There is no easy way to look at
all the USB HID devices if we do not have write access to them, and
the default NUT configuration uses an unprivileged userid to
communicate with the UPS.)

For now, you can run something like 'chmod a+w /dev/bus/usb/003/010'
but that isn't very secure, and the last part of the path will change
every time you unplug the UPS.

You can also change scripts/udev/nut.rules.in to include a line for
your UPS (search for LIEBERT). Then, run ./config.status, and it will
regenerate nut.rules. Installation instructions are in scripts/udev/
README.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail