[Nut-upsdev] Looks like the Tripplite SMART1500SLT support borked?

Jeff Cunningham jeffrey at cunningham.net
Tue Nov 18 05:43:58 UTC 2008

Back in July I succeeded in getting my SMART1500SLT to work with help
from folks on the list and changes someone made in subversion. I just
checked out the latest code from subversion and it stopped working after
a reboot. It looks like usbhid-ups won't load now:

# usbhid-ups -a tripplite

Network UPS Tools: 0.29 USB communication driver - core 0.34 (2.3.0-1555)

No matching HID UPS found

This was only put in in July. What happened?
The vendorid which worked then was:  vendorid = 09ae

What can I do to get this working again?
--Jeff

PS: I've read the FAQ - queequeq and all that - I'm asking for specifics.