[Nut-upsdev] Looks like the Tripplite SMART1500SLT support borked?

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Tue Nov 18 10:02:08 UTC 2008

Citeren Jeff Cunningham <jeffrey at cunningham.net>:

> Back in July I succeeded in getting my SMART1500SLT to work with help
> from folks on the list and changes someone made in subversion. I just
> checked out the latest code from subversion and it stopped working after
> a reboot.

If you're running the latest, bleeding edge version from the trunk,
expect things to break any time. If you don't want that, the answer is
easy, stick with a version that works (but read on).

> It looks like usbhid-ups won't load now:
>
> # usbhid-ups -a tripplite
>
> Network UPS Tools: 0.29 USB communication driver - core 0.34 (2.3.0-1555)
>
> No matching HID UPS found

The all important question now is, what is the driver reporting if you
run it in debug mode (-DD).

> This was only put in in July. What happened?

No pun intended, but apparently something changed between the version
you where running at the time and what you have now... :-)

If you want to help finding what went wrong, downgrade until you've
reached a version that works again (as far as I can see, there where
only a couple of changes, so this shouldn't take too long). Please
make sure you rebuild (and install) the whole NUT package and not just
the driver.

> The vendorid which worked then was:  vendorid = 09ae

You shouldn't have to specify a vendorid (that never helps), you
probably specified productid = 0x3012 at the time to make the driver
recognise the UPS. This should no longer be needed (and you should
remove it now).

> What can I do to get this working again?

See above. Checkout which commit broke the driver and report back here.

Please keep list traffic on the list