[Nut-upsdev] UPS (Megatec) with strange voltage values

Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca luizluca at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 22:00:33 UTC 2008

Hello Nut List!

I have 2 "Lacerda 10KVA" UPS that returns strange values for Q1 and F
commands:

Q1
(215.0 215.0 219.0 004 60.0 2.27 39.0 00000001

#220.0 045 240.0 60.0

At least what I know about Megatec, It seems to say that it has a 240.0 V
battery with currently 2.27V. Quite strange.
I contacted Lacerda to help me interpret this values and they said that 2.27
is just 1 element from 6 inside the battery. This
way:

 2.27V x 6 = 13,62V
This are 12V batteries

13,62V should be the real battery measure?

This UPS has 20 batteries in series:

20 x 12 = 240

This is the nominal battery value returned by F command.

When power is lost, the 2.27V drops very quickly to 2.06V

2.06V x 6 = 12.36V

Which seems to be correct for a 12V battery.

To top it up, I command returns an empty string, which would help "a lot" to
identify it.

OK, my questions are:

1) Is 2.27V plausible for battery voltage or should it be 13,62V?
2) Is 240V plausible for battey nominal voltage or should it be 12V?
3) Wich can I consider battery full? 2.27V or 2.06V?
4) Any tips to solve this problem? Divide and multiply inside megatec
driver? Is there any chance to some UPS hacks in megatec driver  (parameters
in config file) get upstream?

Thanks,

--
     Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca