[Nut-upsdev] UPS (Megatec) with strange voltage values

Carlos Rodrigues cefrodrigues at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 08:56:21 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 11:00 PM, Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca
<luizluca at gmail.com> wrote:
> To top it up, I command returns an empty string, which would help "a lot" to
> identify it.

Onle a few models return anything for the "I" command, unfortunately.

> 1) Is 2.27V plausible for battery voltage or should it be 13,62V?

Many manufacturers choose to output the cell voltage instead of the
battery voltage. No docs I have ever seen mention anything about what
the battery voltage should be, so this isn't either right or wrong.

> 2) Is 240V plausible for battey nominal voltage or should it be 12V?

See 1).

> 3) Wich can I consider battery full? 2.27V or 2.06V?

Whichever gives you 100% charge when connected to mains (in this case, 2.27V).

> 4) Any tips to solve this problem? Divide and multiply inside megatec
> driver? Is there any chance to some UPS hacks in megatec driver  (parameters
> in config file) get upstream?

A line could be added to the driver with that model's voltage values
(since the nominal battery voltage is different from any of the
others), but just using the "battvolts" parameter in the config file
is the recommended way to go.

If you also tell me the low battery voltage I'll add that model to the
compatibility list with a reference to the correct "battvolts" values.

Regards,

--
Carlos Rodrigues