[Nut-upsdev] HP T/R2200 G2

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Fri Sep 12 02:16:01 UTC 2008

I got a chance to quickly test this. upsc output is:

battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 30
battery.temperature: 35.9
battery.type: PbAC
battery.voltage: 54.8
battery.voltage.nominal: 48.0
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: 2.3.0-1525M
driver.version.data: TrippLite HID 0.3 (experimental)
driver.version.internal: 0.33
input.frequency: 49.9
input.transfer.high: 278.0
input.transfer.low: 156.0
input.voltage: 248.1
input.voltage.nominal: 230
output.frequency: 49.9
output.frequency.nominal: 50
output.voltage: 218.0
output.voltage.nominal: 230
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 20
ups.delay.start: 30
ups.load: 10
ups.mfr: Hewlett Packard
ups.model: R/T2200 INTL
ups.power.nominal: 2200
ups.productid: 1f0a
ups.serial: 2cj7431789
ups.status: OL TRIM
ups.timer.reboot: -1
ups.timer.shutdown: -1
ups.timer.start: -1
ups.vendorid: 03f0
ups.watchdog.status: 0

all the numbers seem reasonable. In Australia we run at 240 volts, but
all the HP UPS's I have seen are configured by default for 230 volts,
and I must have not set this one to 240V, which will explain why it's on
'TRIM'. 248 volts is a bit on the high side but still within acceptable
limits.

The system it runs on is Debian 'Etch', which runs nut 2.0.4. I tried
backporting 2.2.2 from 'Lenny', but it needs a newer version of udev. Is
there any hope of applying your patch to 2.0.4 or is the USB driver too
downlevel there? Failing that, if I built the usb driver from svn would
it talk to upsd from 2.0.4?

Thanks

James

G2