[Nut-upsdev] APC SmartUPS 750 (SUA750) missing ambient data with usbhid-ups

Ric Anderson ric at Opus1.COM
Sat Sep 20 16:00:41 UTC 2008

FWIW, the smart slot card I have is a much older version (circa 2000)
of APC's current AP9612TH.  The round connector labeled "2" in the
picture at
  http://www.apcc.com/products/moreimages.cfm?partnum=AP9612TH&aPos=1
is plugged off and says "reserved" on mine.  My card does have the 4
dry contacts shown in that picture though.

Running the SVN version (USB driver.version: 2.3.0-1528) adds
   ambient.humidity: 29.2
   ambient.temperature: -4310085730494.6
to the upsc output.  The serial port driver on 2.2.2 says
   ambient.humidity: 029.2
   ambient.temperature: 29.21
which is correct based on temp(c)/humidity(%) data I get from a table
top instrument.  So there is progress, but the USB temperature is a
tad off :-)

Any debug info I can gather to help with this?
Ric