[Nut-upsdev] Patch for drivers.list

Thierry Thomas thierry at FreeBSD.org
Sun Aug 9 16:27:01 UTC 2009

Le Ven 31 jul 09 à 16:46:24 +0200, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>
 écrivait :

> indeed, and that's what I want to automate, as for linux.
> the point 4 of Thierry's doc illustrate this
> http://people.freebsd.org/~thierry/nut_FreeBSD_HowTo.txt
>
> It seems that devfsd is as dynamic as udev, tied to a specific physical dev
> and only for coldplugging (applied at boot time only).
>
> in the vain of the other autogenerated USB helpers, I can make another one
> for FreeBSD to is executed at will (at config time, or by the init script
>
> Thierry, do you have more info on the current devfsd situation.
> Would you be willing to work with me on simplifying the situation with the
> creation of an helper script (a kind of nut-find-usbups)?
>
> all the hints are "cd
> > /usr/ports/sysutils/nut && make clean config build install clean" then
> > read docs and set up .conf-files in /usr/local/etc/nut. FreeBSD is
> > fairly relaxing in that way. ;)

Hello,

Indeed, devfs is dynamic. On FreeBSD, we use devfs.rules (5) to
configure removable devices, and devfs.conf(5) for devices available at
boot.

Man pages are available at:

<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=devfs.conf>
<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=devfs.rules&sektion=5>

and some examples are given for umass in the handbook at:
<http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/usb-disks.html>

Let me know if you need some more details!

Best regards,
--
Th. Thomas.