[Nut-upsdev] Some automake help?

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 20:32:34 UTC 2009

2009/8/11 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>

> Could someone please check and see what I am doing wrong with automake in
> branches/AsciiDoc?
>

> http://boxster.ghz.cc/projects/nut/browser/branches/AsciiDoc/docs/Makefile.am?rev=1917
>
> The problem is that 'make html' never recurses into docs/website.
>
> I have listed 'website' in the 'SUBDIRS' section of docs/Makefile.am, and
> 'docs/website/Makefile' is listed in the output section of configure.in.
>
> (If you need to test things, the MANUALUPDATE conditional won't be true
> unless you have 'asciidoc' installed, but it's an easy thing to add if you
> don't have it.)
>
> Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

from the website dir, make html works, while a simple make doesn't!
so it's definitly a target issue.

I've not found the exact reason, but a solution that works is to add an
"all: html" just after the MANUALUPDATE flag.

btw, each target should output its result to the separate output dir.*
ie "... -o output/$@

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops