[Nut-upsdev] Some automake help?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 22:39:46 UTC 2009

On Aug 11, 2009, at 4:32 PM, Arnaud Quette wrote:

> 2009/8/11 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>
> Could someone please check and see what I am doing wrong with
> automake in branches/AsciiDoc?
>
> http://boxster.ghz.cc/projects/nut/browser/branches/AsciiDoc/docs/Makefile.am?rev=1917
>
> The problem is that 'make html' never recurses into docs/website.
>
> I have listed 'website' in the 'SUBDIRS' section of docs/
> Makefile.am, and 'docs/website/Makefile' is listed in the output
> section of configure.in.
>
> (If you need to test things, the MANUALUPDATE conditional won't be
> true unless you have 'asciidoc' installed, but it's an easy thing to
> add if you don't have it.)
>
> Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!
>
> from the website dir, make html works, while a simple make doesn't!
> so it's definitly a target issue.
>
> I've not found the exact reason, but a solution that works is to add
> an "all: html" just after the MANUALUPDATE flag.

That's actually a little different - by not having 'all: html', we
don't force a rebuild of the documentation just because asciidoc is
installed. (Note that 'make' doesn't currently force a rebuild of
docs/ either.)

Maybe it's OK to do a rebuild, as long as their copy of asciidoc is
new enough. That'll be another autoconf test :-/

> btw, each target should output its result to the separate output dir.*
> ie "... -o output/$@

Yeah, I was going to fix that after I got it to recurse into the docs/
website directory.