[Nut-upsdev] CyberPower DX600E in error

Aurélien Croc aurelien at ap2c.org
Mon Dec 28 17:41:48 UTC 2009

Hi everybody,

I recently bought a UPS Cyber Power DX600E ad I'm trying to manage it
through Nut under FreeBSD. Unfortunately, usbhid-ups returns an error
when I do:

[root at berkelium /usr/local/etc/nut]# /usr/local/libexec/nut/usbhid-ups
-u root -DD -a onduleur
Network UPS Tools - Generic HID driver 0.34 (2.4.1)
USB communication driver 0.31
debug level is '2'
upsdrv_initups...
Checking device (0764/0501) (/dev/usb//dev/ugen1.2)
- VendorID: 0764
- ProductID: 0501
- Manufacturer: unknown
- Product: unknown
- Serial Number: unknown
- Bus: /dev/usb
Trying to match device
Device matches
Unable to get HID descriptor (Unknown error)
HID descriptor length 376
Unable to get Report descriptor: Input/output error

Do you hae any suggestions?
Thank you in advance,
Regards,

Aurélien