[Nut-upsdev] Fwd: upscode2.c

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Feb 16 20:52:53 UTC 2009

Citeren Kjell Claesson <kjell.claesson op epost.tidanet.se>:

> I have the same problem as Arjen. I only have bcmxcp compatible ups.
> But the r1763 commit look's OK. Calling the upsc_commandlist() function
> should set the can_upsd and can_upsc.

I had mixed feelings with this and also considered reverting this part
to the r408 behavior. At the time upsdrv_shutdown() is run, the is
little chance that anyone will pickup any error messages we might be
showing (most likely, the syslog won't be running anymore) and the
system probably is going down anyway. So the only thing this will do,
is to notify the console that the shutdown of the UPS is not going to
work. People will probably find out the hard way anyway, so I wouldn't
mind to revert to r408 either. We *know* that this version worked.

Please keep list traffic on the list