[Nut-upsdev] Adding PDU support to NUT

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net
Sat Jan 10 20:33:07 UTC 2009

Hello Arnaud and *,

What is the actual status of the PDU support?

I have the question, since tthe development is nearly complete and  only
the microcontroller missing (I am searching the most suitable one)

Am 2008-10-30 16:38:13, schrieb Arnaud Quette:
> - a new collection ("device") has to be created, to make NUT more generic.
> This would consist of the following generic / common data extracted
> from the ups collection:
>        device.model
>        device.mfr
>        device.serial
>        device.type (while keeping ups.status for single / three phase)
> and possibly
>        device.id
>        device.firmware
>        device.temperature

I have a request for an additional

         device.fanspeed: RpM

>     * the outlet collection has to be extended with the following data:
>        outlet.n.current: Current (milliamps RMS)
>        outlet.n.current.maximum: Maximum seen current (milliamps RMS)
>        outlet.n.realpower: Current value of real power (Watts)
>        outlet.n.voltage: Voltage (V)
>        outlet.n.powerfactor: Power Factor (dimensionless value between
> 0.00 and 1.00)
>        outlet.n.power: Apparent power (VA)

Since I have a "24V DC modular ATX PSU" I have the question for the "n"
in the outlet.

The ATX PSU has 5 standard output voltages

    +12  V
    + 5  V
    + 3.3V
    + 5  Vsb
    -12  V

and someone can add up to 3 additional power modules to extend  the  PSU
and can have any voltages (even mixed up on a singel module) like

    +12  V
    + 5  V
    + 3.3V
    + 2.5V
    + 1.8V
    + 0.8V

This mean, I need a hierarchy separator but how to do?

E.g. the standard one could be something like

    outlet.0.temperature:          63.6
    outlet.0.p12.current:          4321
    outlet.0.p12.current.maximum: 10000
    outlet.0.p12.realpower:          51
    outlet.0.p12.voltage:          11.8
    outlet.0.p12.voltage.nominal:  12.0
    outlet.0.p50.current:          4321
    outlet.0.p33.current:
    outlet.0.p5s.current:
    outlet.0.n12.current:

and for the three slots:

    outlet.1.p12.current:
    outlet.2.p50.current:
    outlet.3.p33.current:

I have prefixed the 3rd hierarchy with "p" for positive voltage and  "n"
for the negative voltage.

Also I have the need for a "temperature" sensor per module as  shown  on
the top of "outlet.0"

Any suggestions?

And Hell, do you know the price of a  "VendorID"?

Wow, you must look yourself on  the  USB  Website...  I  am  ongoing  to
manufacturer only arround  1000  devices  since  the  market  for  solar
powered computers is very limited.  But for being rentable (in  relation
to the USB-Fees) I have to sell 10.000 or more...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>               <http://www.can4linux.org/>
+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)