[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1728 - trunk/tools

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 15:07:04 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 7:49 AM, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey Arjen,
>
> 2009/1/15 Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org<nut%2Bdevel at de-korte.org>
> >

>> Citeren Arjen de Korte <adkorte-guest at alioth.debian.org>:
>>
>> > Author: adkorte-guest
>> > Date: Thu Jan 15 11:54:05 2009
>> > New Revision: 1728
>> >
>> > Log:
>> > Another stab at this.
>> >
>> > Modified:
>> >    trunk/tools/Makefile.am
>>
>> And failing miserably... :-(
>>
>> Can someone more fluent in 'autotoolish' fix this problem? Currently
>> the BuildBot is broken by update r1718 and I'm really out of ideas on
>> how to make this work again (other than reverting this patch).
>>

> this seems due to the script not being listed in the dist rules (like
> EXTRA_DIST)
> I'll take a deeper look at it and will fix that part...
>
> thanks for the other errors catching btw.
> Arnaud

Looking at the commits that came after this, I'm not sure we're
understanding the cause-and-effect relationship here.

The part that caused the command-not-found error was that the script was not
listed in EXTRA_DIST. This was masked by the fact that the code was not
called during 'make distcheck' until the rule was renamed 'dist-hook'.

However, on my end, that seemed to cause some problems during the 'make
distclean' stage because now we have generated .in files, and I'm not sure
that r1729 <http://boxster.ghz.cc/projects/nut/changeset/1729> is quite
right in that regard.

I think we probably need to call the script with either
$(srcdir)/nut-usbinfo.pl
or $(distdir)/nut-usbinfo.pl (both of which should work, since the script is
now included in EXTRA_DIST).

--
- Charles Lepple