[Nut-upsdev] Support for CyberPower CP1350AVRLCD

Dave Myers dave at sixgunllc.net
Tue Jan 20 22:16:26 UTC 2009

Greetings All,

I'm new to the list and am not sure this is where to start.  I have a
recently purchased a CyberPower CP1350AVRLCD UPS.  I would like to get
this UPS up and running via it's USB interface on Ubuntu 8.10 x64.  I
have tried the available USB driver (usbhid-ups) and the drive was
unable to identify the UPS.  I have some old and outdated programming
experience and would be glad to try to try to code up the support for
this UPS.  However, I believe I ran across some documentation stating
that a new approach was going to be used for supporting USB UPS devices
in the future.  I need some guidance on where to start.  Should I use
the existing usbhid-ups as starting place to build from or.....  any
help greatly appreciated.

Dave