[Nut-upsdev] APC USB UPS vs FreeBSD 6.x

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Jun 1 13:32:19 UTC 2009

Citeren Daniel O'Connor <doconnor op gsoft.com.au>:

> OK, so it needs another entry for this particular UPS? I wonder if there
> is some more general way of detecting this particular implementation..

No. The problem here is that APC uses the same HID path in different
ways. Since they also use a single VID:PID combination for all their
devices, there is no easy way to tell when to use date_conversion()
and when to use apc_date_conversion().

It is tempting to base this on the size of the field that is reported,
but it would require a major amount of work on the base usbhid-ups
driver, since we only pass the parameters by value and not by the full
HID path information. Not that it isn't doable, but it takes much more
work than I'm prepared to spend on a vendor that isn't really
supportive with NUT.

Basically, I'm telling you that we probably won't fix this in the near future.

Please keep list traffic on the list