[Nut-upsdev] My UPS has arrived, time to start working on documentation

Eric S. Raymond esr at snark.thyrsus.com
Mon Mar 16 19:13:19 UTC 2009

Arnaud, my UPS arrived yesterday; thanks for your generosity. I'm
using it to power the computer I'm typing on.  This moves NUT up a few
places on my priority list.

In our last email exchange, I believe we agreed on a couple of major
points.  I want to confirm these before I start modifying the
documentation heavily.

1. asciidoc is a good master format for the in-tree documentation.

2. We're going to go with making the website a branch of the
Subversion repo, with the pages mainly pointing to HTMLized copies
of the in-tree repo.

3. The exception is that we may retain the new wiki for the
protocol library, since that is an area where we can expect substantial
user contributions.

Are there any more decisions we need to make or cautions you want to
utter before I dive in and start work?

Further note: I'll need shell access to the host for the SVN repo.
One of my first tasks will be to write a hook that automatically
publishes a web page when its repo master gets a commit.