[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1817 - in trunk: . data

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Mon Mar 23 21:03:03 UTC 2009

måndag 23 mars 2009 21:07:15 skrev  Arjen de Korte:
Hi Arjen,
> Citeren Kjell Claesson <keyson-guest at alioth.debian.org>:
> > Author: keyson-guest
> > Date: Mon Mar 23 17:37:37 2009
> > New Revision: 1817
> >
> > Log:
> > data/driver.list, add Eaton Powerware 9130 compatibility with bcmxcp
> > and usbhid-ups.
>
> 1) Is this really true? I would have expected that this device would
> be supported through bcmxcp (serial) and bcmxcp_usb (USB), like other
> Powerware (now Eaton) devices. I'm actually surprised that one unit
> does support such vastly different protocols (but I have been
> surprised before).

Yes this is a surprise to me to. But to quote our Eaton guy Arnaud.
"yup, this model is an hybrid one:
the right way is bcmxcp for the serial port or usbhid-ups for the USB port."

And when I asked where I could put it in the driver.list:
"Eaton, both with the serial (bcmxcp) and usb (usbhid-ups) please."

> 2) If it indeed is a HID PDC UPS, what are the VID:PID that it uses?
> Just adding it to the list may not work if we don't already use this
> combination for another device. In any case, I would to see the report
> descriptor and initial variable dump, to see what level of support we
> can expect from it (I 'collect' report descriptors for verifying the
> hidparser and libhid code).

You got me there, we don't know the VID:PID that it use!
That was a bad mistake. Going to remove the usbhid-ups until it
is confirmed.

/Kjell