[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1817 - in trunk: . data

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 12:46:08 UTC 2009

2009/3/23 Kjell Claesson <kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se>

> måndag 23 mars 2009 21:07:15 skrev  Arjen de Korte:
> Hi Arjen,
> > Citeren Kjell Claesson <keyson-guest at alioth.debian.org>:
> > > Author: keyson-guest
> > > Date: Mon Mar 23 17:37:37 2009
> > > New Revision: 1817
> > >
> > > Log:
> > > data/driver.list, add Eaton Powerware 9130 compatibility with bcmxcp
> > > and usbhid-ups.
> >
> > 1) Is this really true? I would have expected that this device would
> > be supported through bcmxcp (serial) and bcmxcp_usb (USB), like other
> > Powerware (now Eaton) devices. I'm actually surprised that one unit
> > does support such vastly different protocols (but I have been
> > surprised before).
> >
> Yes this is a surprise to me to. But to quote our Eaton guy Arnaud.
> "yup, this model is an hybrid one:
> the right way is bcmxcp for the serial port or usbhid-ups for the USB
> port."
>
> And when I asked where I could put it in the driver.list:
> "Eaton, both with the serial (bcmxcp) and usb (usbhid-ups) please."

I re confirm this assertion.
and also note that I was the first surprised by that hybridization!

> > 2) If it indeed is a HID PDC UPS, what are the VID:PID that it uses?
> > Just adding it to the list may not work if we don't already use this
> > combination for another device. In any case, I would to see the report
> > descriptor and initial variable dump, to see what level of support we
> > can expect from it (I 'collect' report descriptors for verifying the
> > hidparser and libhid code).
>
> You got me there, we don't know the VID:PID that it use!
> That was a bad mistake. Going to remove the usbhid-ups until it
> is confirmed.

VID:PID => 0463:ffff
in fact, this is an MGE base (HID core + USB/HID com) but needed bcmxcp for
compatibility with a big customer iirc.
note that I would otherwise have added this info (lacking VID:PID) ;-)
I've also added for info the 2 upsc outputs (from bcmxcp and usbhid-ups).
If some need the drivers debug output, please let me know.

Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops