[Nut-upsdev] Status of cyberpower driver

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Sat Oct 10 08:31:10 UTC 2009

Hi David,
> Arjen,
>
> 	I read the following in the upgrade notes and just wanted to see what the
> status was for the cyberpower driver? The note reads:
>
>  - The cpsups and nitram drivers have been replaced by the powerpanel
>  driver, and removed from the tree. The cyberpower driver may suffer the
>  same in the future.
>
> 	What does this mean to me -- a cyberpower user?

It mean that you have to use the powerpanel driver, when it support all the
units that cyberpower driver do.
The powerpanel driver is the one that is developed and speak the cyberpower
protocol.

The same has happened to the megatec. Many ups'es is talking the same
protocol.
So instead to have many drivers, one is adjusted to work with all the types.

/Kjell