[Nut-upsdev] Status of cyberpower driver

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 11:24:14 UTC 2009

2009/10/10 Kjell Claesson <kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se>

> Hi David,
> > Arjen,
> >
> >       I read the following in the upgrade notes and just wanted to see
> what the
> > status was for the cyberpower driver? The note reads:
> >
> >  - The cpsups and nitram drivers have been replaced by the powerpanel
> >  driver, and removed from the tree. The cyberpower driver may suffer the
> >  same in the future.
> >
> >       What does this mean to me -- a cyberpower user?
> >

> It mean that you have to use the powerpanel driver, when it support all the
> units that cyberpower driver do.
> The powerpanel driver is the one that is developed and speak the cyberpower
> protocol.

to be fully clear: we are interested in the outputs of powerpanel with your
unit:
- the driver debug output:
$ /path/to/powerpanel -DDDDD -a <upsname>
- the upsc (and maybe upsrw, upscmd) output (don't forget to have powerpanel
and upsd running)
$ upsc <upsname>

this kind of info will greatly help us in the final round.

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops