[Nut-upsdev] MGE NMC and NutShutdownModule (and other stuff)

Marco Chiappero marco at absence.it
Mon Oct 26 09:34:00 UTC 2009

Arjen de Korte ha scritto:
> Citeren Marco Chiappero <marco at absence.it>:
>
>> A possible sample configuration could be:
>>
>> [globalups]
>>     driver = mgensm-ups
>>     port = parallel
>>     minimum = 1
[...]
> The 'minimum' parameter and redundancy is something that should be dealt
> with in the client(s), not the driver. This is where the NSM approach
> currently breaks.

No, the minimum is an optional parameter, not exactly the same meaning
of MINSUPLIES, it can be removed if you don't like it. The approach is
not broken, it is not the smarter one, but it is not broken.
Sorry but I'm getting bored with this discussion, I would prefer be told
that you do not want to include such code (which is not a problem)
instead of reading sometimes pointless objections. The subdriver
solution is not going to break backward compatibility or something else,
while the driver approach would provide almost full NMC support to NUT
without much pain. They do both integrates quite correctly in the
current NUT structure, even though with possible limitations.
I think I could save much more time abandoning this idea (and
discussion) and spending only a couple of minutes in applying my patch
that just work and do what I want, easily and smartly... which is still
better than no support at all.

Regards,
Marco