[Nut-upsdev] SNMP on HP UPS

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Tue Sep 1 09:34:19 UTC 2009

Citeren Philip Ward <p.g.ward op stir.ac.uk>:

>> Have you already checked if there are firmware updates available for
>> your SNMP card? These differences may not be intentional and chances
>> are that there are updates available that make it conform to the IETF
>> standard.
> Oh yes. You would not believe the trouble I have had with HP. The af401a
> module has two major versions of firmware. Version 2 is supposed to add
> ipv6 functionality, but we discovered that it also completely removes
> the important UPS OIDs. So we have stuck with the latest version 1 (1.3)
> which is available from
> http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/power-protection/software/module/ups/dl.html

In that case, I fear that you're out of luck. We can't add a modified
IETF MIB, since it would break the MIB auto detection (since both the
original and modified IETF MIB would use the same OID to check if they
are supported).

The best solution would be to implement the CPQPOWER.MIB, so that this
is again a unique one and we don't risk breaking existing
installations where mib=auto is used.

Please keep list traffic on the list