[Nut-upsdev] SNMP on HP UPS

Philip Ward p.g.ward at stir.ac.uk
Wed Sep 2 09:55:56 UTC 2009

> In that case, I fear that you're out of luck. We can't add a modified
> IETF MIB, since it would break the MIB auto detection (since both the
> original and modified IETF MIB would use the same OID to check if they
> are supported).

I guess I'm stuck building my own modified version for now. We have a
meeting with HP representatives tomorrow so I'll enjoy berating them
regarding standards compliance.

> The best solution would be to implement the CPQPOWER.MIB, so that this
> is again a unique one and we don't risk breaking existing
> installations where mib=auto is used.

I agree, but without equipment that uses CPQPOWER.MIB to use for testing
I am unable to provide this.

Thanks for your patience. At least thanks to Free Software I can fix it
for myself without breaking it for anyone else.

Phil.

--
Academic Excellence at the Heart of Scotland.
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland,