[Nut-upsdev] Evolution of the driver.list file

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 11:55:41 UTC 2009

On Sep 2, 2009, at 5:33 AM, Arnaud Quette wrote:

> Since this file is not much computed currently (it's mostly useful
> for configuration tools), we can break the format without worrying
> much.

Sounds good to me.

We might want to take this opportunity to define a "version=2" header
of some sort, so that in the future, the tools will immediately know
whether or not they are compatible. (At some point, we might want to
move to a key-value format, especially if the information gets too
sparse because of differences between PDUs and UPSes.)

Do any Linux distributions do any processing based on that file?