[Nut-upsdev] Layout of AsciiDoc-based NUT webpage

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 08:19:40 UTC 2009

2009/9/4 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>

> Arnaud,

hey Charles,

> one thing that bothers me a little bit about the new CSS webpage
> layout is that the NUT banner at the top obscures the text in the top
> portion of the page.
>
> This is not too much of an issue until you click on a link within a
> document, and the browser scrolls to that anchor. Most of the time,
> the destination of the link will be hidden behind the NUT banner.
>
> Can we make the banner scroll with the rest of the page? I am
> indifferent as to whether the links on the left sidebar are fixed or
> scrolling (so long as they don't jump around via JavaScript).

well, it's quite true.

we should be able to make a variation for testing, and see if it's better.

I've attached a txt file with the current layout, and 2 variations on a new
one that would fit your above idea. What do you think about these?

@Seb: do you have an approx. idea of the time needed to update the CSS?

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops