[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1965 - branches/AsciiDoc/docs/man

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 13:12:14 UTC 2009

On Sep 8, 2009, at 8:49 AM, Charles Lepple wrote:

> On Sep 8, 2009, at 8:30 AM, Charles Lepple wrote:
>
> [...]
>> +EXTRA_DIST = tripplite_usb.8.txt \
>> +	ups.conf.5.txt \
>> +	upsc.8.txt
>> +
>
> The EXTRA_DIST thing is a hack. Right now, we are not including the
> generated HTML properly, because I haven't figured out the automake
> way to do this correctly.
>
> Specifically, we want to treat the .txt files as source, and
> distribute the generated HTML. The automake documentation is heavily
> biased towards the normal C-to-executable compilation path.
>
> Ideas?

I should also mention that the "Battle for Wesnoth" project does not
seem to use automake the same way we do, so that won't help us much.
They use it as a template for Makefile rules, but the targets of the
rules are not listed explicitly.

Put another way, I don't think you would get a proper tarball if you
ran 'make dist' in the root.

(They also have rule files for SCons and CMake alongside Makefile.am.)

I also looked at the Git source tree (since they use AsciiDoc as
well), but they only use plain Makefiles.