[Nut-upsdev] svn commit r1997 - in branches/AsciiDoc: . docs docs/man docs/website

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 12:02:34 UTC 2009

On Sep 21, 2009, at 7:28 AM, Charles Lepple wrote:

> On Sep 21, 2009, at 5:52 AM, Arnaud Quette wrote:
>
>> Subject: svn commit r1997 - in branches/AsciiDoc: . docs docs/man
>> docs/website
>> Author: aquette
>> Date: Mon Sep 21 09:51:09 2009
>> New Revision: 1997
>>
>> Log:
>> switch INSTALL to AsciiDoc, and name it as the "Quick Start
>> Instructions".
>> Also includes various minor updates to the User Manual and Packager
>> Guide.
>
> Arnaud,
>
> not sure why Buildbot did not send out an email regarding this, but
> the AsciiDoc build failed for this revision:
>
> /usr/local/bin/asciidoc --unsafe --backend=xhtml11 \
> 		--attribute icons \
> 		--attribute localdate=`TZ=UTC date +%Y-%m-%d` \
> 		--attribute localtime=`TZ=UTC date +%H:%M:%S` \
> 		--attribute iconsdir=./icons \
> 		--attribute=badges \
> 		-a toc -a numbered -o user-manual.html user-manual.txt
> ERROR: cables.txt: line 2: only book doctypes can contain level 0
> sections
> make[1]: *** [user-manual.html] Error 1

Looking a little closer, it seems that we have two conflicting goals
here:

  * having standalone web pages with automatic titles ("level 0
sections")
  * being able to include the same page in a larger document

Maybe there is a way to set the page title attribute if it has not
already been set by an including document?

Unfortunately, this loses some of the simplicity of AsciiDoc.