[Nut-upsdev] svn commit r1997 - in branches/AsciiDoc: . docs docs/man docs/website

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 12:08:36 UTC 2009

2009/9/21 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>

> On Sep 21, 2009, at 7:28 AM, Charles Lepple wrote:
>
>  On Sep 21, 2009, at 5:52 AM, Arnaud Quette wrote:
>>
>>  Subject: svn commit r1997 - in branches/AsciiDoc: . docs docs/man
>>> docs/website
>>> Author: aquette
>>> Date: Mon Sep 21 09:51:09 2009
>>> New Revision: 1997
>>>
>>> Log:
>>> switch INSTALL to AsciiDoc, and name it as the "Quick Start
>>> Instructions".
>>> Also includes various minor updates to the User Manual and Packager
>>> Guide.
>>>

>> Arnaud,
>>
>> not sure why Buildbot did not send out an email regarding this, but the
>> AsciiDoc build failed for this revision:
>>
>> /usr/local/bin/asciidoc --unsafe --backend=xhtml11 \
>>                --attribute icons \
>>                --attribute localdate=`TZ=UTC date +%Y-%m-%d` \
>>                --attribute localtime=`TZ=UTC date +%H:%M:%S` \
>>                --attribute iconsdir=./icons \
>>                --attribute=badges \
>>                -a toc -a numbered -o user-manual.html user-manual.txt
>> ERROR: cables.txt: line 2: only book doctypes can contain level 0 sections
>> make[1]: *** [user-manual.html] Error 1

yup, sorry. I missed to fix that before commiting...

> Looking a little closer, it seems that we have two conflicting goals here:
>
>  * having standalone web pages with automatic titles ("level 0 sections")
>  * being able to include the same page in a larger document
>
> Maybe there is a way to set the page title attribute if it has not already
> been set by an including document?
>
> Unfortunately, this loses some of the simplicity of AsciiDoc.

I'm looking at that currently, but this was the main reason for not
including a level 0 title in docs like features, cables (included both the
website and the doc, itself pointed as a whole in the website).

ATM, the lightest solution I have is to conditionaly declare the level 0
title in the doc if we don't have a "website" attribute. otherwise (ie we're
included in the doc), the title is declared in the includer.

I'm also redefining the levels in user manual with:
:titles.underlines: "__","==","--","~~","^^"

The other way is to not define a level 0 title, and force "doctitle=name" in
the Makefile.

I'll finish the test approach #1 to see if it fits all cases...

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops