[Nut-upsdev] IVT SCD support status

Rainer Fuegenstein rfu at kaneda.iguw.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Sep 25 19:49:29 UTC 2009

hi,

AQ> ok, let us know the results...
AQ> btw, do you have an LCD display to double check the data?
yes. as soon as the rs232 cable is connected, the current/voltage
drops on the display and via rs232. I just don't know if this "loop"
thing just affects the measurements or if it causes a component to
really draw about 1A of additional power.

AQ> also, have you seen and tried Arjen's advice on set_dtr() and set_rts()
AQ> calls?

yes, unfortunately with the same results. I assume that the IVT SCD is
broken, don't have any other clue. I'll see what the manufacturer
says.

cu

AQ>> happy to see the first NUT SCD working ;-)
>>
>> hopefully it won't stay the only one :-)
>>

AQ> for sure ;-)

AQ> cheers,
AQ> Arnaud

Unix gives you just enough rope to hang yourself -- and then a couple of more
feet, just to be sure.
(Eric Allman)