[Nut-upsdev] IVT SCD support status

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Sat Sep 26 10:20:35 UTC 2009

Citeren Rainer Fuegenstein <rfu op kaneda.iguw.tuwien.ac.at>:

> yes. as soon as the rs232 cable is connected, the current/voltage
> drops on the display and via rs232. I just don't know if this "loop"
> thing just affects the measurements or if it causes a component to
> really draw about 1A of additional power.

With 'as soon as the rs232 cable is connected', do you mean that just
plugging in the cable already shows this behaviour? Even when the
driver isn't running? For instance, if you connect the SCD and talk to
it via Minicom (or something similar), the same thing happens? In that
case, there is little hope we (the NUT team) can do anything about it.

Please keep list traffic on the list