[Nut-upsdev] Syslog flooding

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Tue Apr 20 13:13:07 UTC 2010

Citeren Kelvin Ku <kelvin op telemetry-investments.com>:

> Note that the problematic unit, upsserv7, exhibits the USB
> disconnect behavior even when it's the only UPS connected to the host.

If possible, run it in debug mode

     /path/to/usbhid-ups -DD -a upsserv7

and watch the output when it (re)connects. Chances are that the device
is reporting different serial numbers (or none at all) depending
whether this is the first connection made or a later one. We've seen
such erratic behavior before on other devices. This will make it
impossible for the driver to reconnect. You'll be specifically
interested in lines with "Serial Number" in them (and a few lines of
context before and after it).

Please keep list traffic on the list