[Nut-upsdev] liebert-esp2 patch (3-phase support)

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Sun Apr 25 18:00:30 UTC 2010

Citeren Robert Jobbagy <jobbagy.robert op gmail.com>:

> I think it will be good if the driver check the model of ups (NX or GXT2)
> and
> the model is GXT2 then input and output values multipliers will be 0.1 else
> 0.01.
> The driver could to use #ifdef preprocess struct.

The latter would require different drivers (since #ifdef statements
are processed by the preprocessor, so even before the compiler).
Packagers that wish to bundle precompiled binaries would then have to
bundle two different drivers.

> What is your opinion?

Since the differences between the models are so minor, expect me to
veto such a change. If there is no way to autodetect this, the driver
should default to the settings for the most popular model (usually the
smallest) and allow people to override the default setting in
'ups.conf'. If you can't unambiguously determine which multiplier is
needed, usually this will cause the least amount of problems.

Please keep list traffic on the list