[Nut-upsdev] Powerware 9125 & bcmxcp driver

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 08:11:15 UTC 2010

Hi Grigory,

2010/8/25 Баталов Григорий <gbatalov at crystals.ru>

> Hello!
>
> It looks like bcmxcp driver doesn't fit my device:
>
> UPS Model                    PW9125
> UPS Firmware Version    FP: 1.10 INV: 1.10
> VA Rating                      3000 VA
>
> Web/SNMP card is present.
>
> Minicom connection to /dev/ttyS0 gives nice banner and control menu,
> but they prevent nut driver from working correctly (I guess). UPS should
> be switched into "Pass-Through" mode before BCM/XCP commands
> became actual.
>
> How to deal with such UPS? Should I modify default bcmxcp driver or
> somehow turn device into supported mode?

the bcmxcp driver is for serial communication (like bcmxcp_usb is for USB).
here, you should be using snmp-ups, ie having in your ups.conf the
following:
[connectUPS]
        driver = snmp-ups
        port = <ip address of the connectUPS card>

this should answer your needs.

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://www.eaton.com/mgeops