[Nut-upsdev] Powerware 9125 & bcmxcp driver

Баталов Григорий gbatalov at crystals.ru
Wed Aug 25 15:22:46 UTC 2010

Hello!

It looks like bcmxcp driver doesn't fit my device:

UPS Model                    PW9125
UPS Firmware Version    FP: 1.10 INV: 1.10
VA Rating                      3000 VA

Web/SNMP card is present.

Minicom connection to /dev/ttyS0 gives nice banner and control menu,
but they prevent nut driver from working correctly (I guess). UPS should
be switched into "Pass-Through" mode before BCM/XCP commands
became actual.

How to deal with such UPS? Should I modify default bcmxcp driver or
somehow turn device into supported mode?

Banner and menu:

+============================================================================+
|            [ ConnectUPS Web/SNMP Card Configuration Utility ]              |
+============================================================================+
Enter Password: *****

+============================================================================+
|            [ ConnectUPS Web/SNMP Card Configuration Utility ]              |
+============================================================================+
   1. Web/SNMP Card Settings
   2. Reset Configuration to Default
   3. Restart Web/SNMP Card
   4. UPS Pass-Through
   0. Exit
Please Enter Your Choice => 4

You are entering a direct UPS communication mode.
While in this mode, normal communications between the UPS and the card
will be suspended. You will not be able to monitor or configure the card
using your browser or SNMP. Any registered NetWatch shutdown clients will
lose communication with the card, but will automatically re-register with
the card after the Pass-Through mode has been terminated.
Do you wish to continue(y/n)? : [N] y

Direct UPS Communication Mode entered.
Type <cr>1234567890<cr> to Exit this mode.

Direct UPS Communication Mode Time Out.
--
Grigory Batalov