[Nut-upsdev] [Nut-upsuser] APC Smart-UPS X 1500 Restart Issue.

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Sun Aug 29 12:08:28 UTC 2010

Citeren "Jain, Arvind" <AJain op dataram.com>:

> This sleeps until AC power returns. When battery runs out, system stop
> and reboots when power is back.

First of all, it is a terribly bad idea to run a driver in debug mode
on a production system. It should be used for testing purposes only.

The problem is caused by the driver failing to detect a working
'load.on.delay' command for the UPS, which is needed to create the
two-step 'shutdown.return' command. Either your UPS doesn't have one,
or it is put in a vendor specific HID path. Because of this, the
driver will fallback to the 'shutdown.reboot' command, which seems to
be horribly broken for your UPS.

It would be helpful if you could post the output of

  /sbin/usbhid-ups -DD -a scups 2>&1

here, so that we can see if there might be another HID path that could
be used.

Chances are, that we just need to call 'load.off.delay' and that the
device will return power all by itself. This violates the HID Power
Device Specification, but since the 'shutdown.reboot' also is
non-compliant, I'm not too surprised.

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)