[Nut-upsdev] images in user manual (PDF version)

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 23:02:57 UTC 2010

2010/12/3 Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>

> Hey Charles,
>

>> I just noticed that when I run "make website" locally (OS X; also on the
>> Ubuntu 10.04 buildbot), the PDF version of the user manual does not contain
>> the diagrams of the configurations.
>>
>> It's on PDF page 21 (page 11 on the printed page):
>>

>> http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/~buildbot/cayenne/docs/r2701-67/website/output/docs/user-manual.pdf<http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/%7Ebuildbot/cayenne/docs/r2701-67/website/output/docs/user-manual.pdf>
>>
>> It would be good to include this in the trunk merge, if we can figure out
>> an easy fix.
>>

> right, this is the images consolidation I was talking about.
> depending on your timeframe to work on the merge, I'll either look at that
> this evening or over the week end.
> this won't be too hard since it's a matter of moving all
> docs/website/images to ../images, and the website part will be handled by
> the files copy in the website target...

fixed in r2721.

note that I'm currently discussing with Eaton to get some graphical help.
the first discussion was positive, with one doubt on the delivery date.
it will quite probably lag too much to wait for 2.6.0 release.

the only remainders I have on branches/Asciidoc are related to the dist
target, features list revamping and the creation of Asciidoc macros to
optimize and finally fix cross references and manpage links (linkdoc and
linkman).
I'm currently investigating the macros, and it will a bit harder than I
thought.

cheers,