[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r2726 - in branches/windows_port: common drivers include

Frédéric Bohé fredericbohe at eaton.com
Mon Dec 13 08:50:36 UTC 2010

On sam., 2010-12-11 at 10:37 +0100, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> Citeren Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>:
>
> > Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 14:01:14 +0000
> > Subject: svn commit r2726 - in branches/windows_port: common drivers include
> > Author: fbohe-guest
> > Date: Thu Dec  9 14:01:07 2010
> > New Revision: 2726
> >
> > Log:
> > More work on serial drivers.
> > Still some TODOs to address but all drivers are compiling now.
> > Successfully tested mge-shut driver.
>
> This patch seems to do away with the explicit canonical input
> processing some drivers require and overall there doesn't seem to be a
> difference anymore between canonical and non-canonical. I'm not sure
> if this will fly for all drivers. I foresee a challenging task to
> verify that drivers still work. I can probably test the 'safenet'
> driver, but what about the oldies that are still in the tree, but we
> have not heard of being used lately?

Currently I don't know how to setup canonical processing with WIN32.
That's why I've left this code unported with TODO markers in comment.
For the same reason, I haven't ported the genericups driver at all.
Both points need more work.
As for old drivers tests, we will have to rely on users feedback. I have
only tested mge-shut and newmge-shut. Hopefully I will test more drivers
soon.
It will indeed be a long and challenging task.

Fred