[Nut-upsdev] HP T1500 INTL

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Tue Dec 28 10:58:19 UTC 2010

> I have a HP T1500 G3 identified by Linux (Debian GNU/Linux 5.0) as:
>
> Bus 005 Device 002: ID 03f0:1fe3 Hewlett-Packard
>
> Obviously, it is not supported (at least not today). Do you know if it is
> "compatible" with yours?

Sorry I don't know. I haven't met a G3 attached to a Linux machine yet. The T1500 was an easy one because my 0x1f09 slotted neatly between the 0x1f0a (RT2200) and 0x1f06 (T750) values that already existed in the source code. I wouldn't be surprised if the T1500, T1500G2, and T1500G3 are completely different brands underneath. The manual or compliance stickers on the unit might give you a hint as to if this is a rebadged tripplite or other brand.

My lsusb output mostly matches yours, but I'd be surprised if there was anything other than a single HID interrupt endpoint.

With almost any other piece of hardware I'd just say "try it and see" but I'm not familiar enough with UPS hardware to know if there could be unwanted consequences in doing so, apart from it simply not working. If it was me I'd just give it a go but I can't recommend that to anyone else (eg if you try it and something blows up, don't come crying to me :)

I think there is a command line option you can use to say "I know this isn't supported but just do it", otherwise you'd have to modify the source and recompile, if you wanted to test it.

James